Try adding an <mx:TraceTarget level="0" /> to your MXML and then check your flashlog.txt file.

Settings in the mm.cfg file are for the Flash Player only. Flex is unrelated to this - it is an ActionScript framework built on top of ActionScript... essentially it's on its own when it comes to this sort of thing :) so we developed the mx.logging package and a particular target implementation called TraceTarget that uses trace() to report log output.

Also, for any XML rpc based calls it's useful to use an HTTP sniffer to watch what is actually sent and received.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Adam R. B. Jack
Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 7:34 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Debugging Flex to ASP.Net Web Services.

I am using the latest FlexBuilder (2.0 Beta 3) and trying to send a
bean to/from a Microsoft Web Service. I've had some success, but
sometimes [when I change code, I feel] it fails to
serialize/deserialize. Has anybody found a good tool to help debug
this environment (that runs either side?)

I've found I can send the bean from Flex (and it is received ok at
the Microsoft side) but at this point I can no longer receive it, or
if I can, I can no longer cast the result to my Flex class.

I believed I had some luck (at some point) with this code. Does it
stand a chance of working, or was I dreaming? Is there a way to
deserialie into this class, and/or debug when it fails? [I am
getting 'null' at the end of this, as if the object cannot be forged
from the response. Is there a better way to do this?

public function postComplete(event:mx.rpc.events.ResultEvent) : void
{
// Extract the entry
_Entry = event.result as acEntry;

Just for help in debugging, does anybody know how to:

1) Dump an object to it's serialized SOAP XML?
2) Dump an object, to see what values it contains.
3) Heck, even ... turn on trace (I can't find an mm.cfg to
configure. Is this from some older version of Flex?)

Thanks for your help.

regards

Adam