nobody any ideas?  I'm begining to wonder if my dataObject needs to be
something other than Object - the consol says I'm trying to bind to a
class that is not an 'IEventDispatcher' - can anyone suggest a better class?

Cheers,

Phil

Phil Marston wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a custom mxml component "RestaurantDetail.mxml" that is used in
> my main application "Restaurant.mxml"  - the component has a
> dataObject:Object and some mx:label who's text attribute is bound to the
> dataObject.  When the RestaurantDetail component is declared in the
> Restaurant app the dataObject gets bound to a dataGrid
> e.g.<RestaurantDetail dataObject="{dg.selectedItem}" />
>  This was originally a Flex 1.5 app that I am trying to rewrite in Flex
> 2.0, but Flex Builder is complaining that "Data binding will not be able
> to detect assignments to 'dataObject'"
>
> Does anyone know how to get this to work in Flex 2.0
>
> For those that haven't already spotted it, I'm trying to follow
> Christophe Coenraets' Restaurant Browser Tutorial found here
> http://coenraets.com/tutorials/restaurant/index.jsp I'm stuck at "Lab 7"
>
> Cheers,
>
> Phil

Phil Marston
Learning Technologist
Learning Technology Unit
Edward Wright G33, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, AB24 3QY, UK
[EMAIL PROTECTED] Tel: +44(0)1224 273329 / +44(0)7798 723660
http://www.abdn.ac.uk/diss/ltu/pmarston/
http://www.abdn.ac.uk/diss/ltu/

The University of Aberdeen Open Day 29th August 2006
Booking is essential
www.abdn.ac.uk/openday
email [EMAIL PROTECTED]
or call 0800 027 1495