selectedColor is a uint specifying the RGB value of the selected color. A uint is an unsigned integer and can be displayed in any number base.

If you do trace(myColorPicker.selectedColor) the trace() will display this uint as a decimal number. To see it in hexadecimal notation, try

    myColorPicker.selectedColor.toString(16)

- Gordon

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Sonja Duijvesteijn
Sent: Tuesday, June 13, 2006 3:40 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] colorPicker, getting the colour out

When I use custom objects or an array to fill the colorpicker everything works like a charm. But when I try to use the colorpicker as it is I can't seem to get the selected color out as an hexidecimal value. I've tried 'selectedColor', 'selectedItem', and have trying to get 'selectedIndex' to admit colour, but no luck there either.

The documentation gives enough help for the advanced topics (putting in your own colours) but forgets the basics. How can I find out which colour is selected? (in hexidecimals)

Thanks in advance,
Sonja