From: Tim Hoff
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 9:32 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Event when Data is Loaded ?

Hi Jean-Luc,

I'm handling a similar situation in the onResult function of the
command that gets the data. In the function, I'm casting the
lastResult from the RPC call to the VO in the ModelLocator and then
changing the view's state to display the data grid. This way the
grid isn't displayed until all of the data has been returned and
populated through binding.

-TH

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED]ups.com, "Jean-Luc ESSER" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm not loading data via URLLoader. Maybe you got me wrong. Sorry
if i wasn't clear.
> Whichever data is sent to my DataGrid's dataProvider, i want to
handle an event after the datagrid has loaded all this data.
> In my specific case, my dataProvider is binded to a valueObject in
the ModelLocator (cairngorm).
> On creationComplete, my DataGrid dispatches an event which calls a
command to populate my ValueObject.
> I want my DataGrid to become visible once all data has been
loaded, and once all its itemRenderers have been populated.

> Best,
> JL

false until the data is loaded, and write a handler for the complete
event of the URLLoader class that sets the DataGrid's visible
property to true when all the data is loaded? Would that work? Docs
on the complete event:

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/labs/1/flex/langref/flash/net/URLLoade
r.html#event:complete