Hi,

Sweet it is working now.  The "lastResult" worked.  So that is  basically a reference to my query object?

Once I did that, just for tests I removed the :

public function initApp():void {
  // Force artists class to load
  artSvc.getArtists.send();
  }

I removed the "send()" and it still worked so I am not sure of the reason for it?  Is is a coding practice to use that, either way it worked with and without the send() method call.

How would you reference an array?  Lets say I had a CFC that returned like a 2D array?

I guess I really looking for more information on how a datagrid or tree control or whatever it may be  would handle things of different data types like an array or a query object or whatever.

Thanks for the help!  Highly appreciated!

-Malik

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yeah,
>
> Sorry, use:
>
> artSvc.getArtists.lastResult
>
> for the dataProvider, without artists at the end.
>
> -TH
>
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "malik_robinson"
> Malik_Robinson@ wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> >
> > I ended up getting an error, I think it was due to the text
> > "lastResult". Below is the error:
> >
> > I am very curious to know if someone can try this simple example
> and get
> > a datagrid to populate via a query object from CF.
> >
> > Error: Unknown Property 'artists'.
> > at
> >
> mx.collections::ListCollectionView/http://www.adobe.com/2006/actionsc
> rip\
> > t/flash/proxy::getProperty()
> > at mx.binding::PropertyWatcher/::updateProperty()
> > at mx.binding::Watcher/mx.binding:Watcher::wrapUpdate()
> > at mx.binding::PropertyWatcher/updateParent()
> > at mx.binding::Watcher/updateChildren()
> > at mx.binding::PropertyWatcher/::updateProperty()
> > at mx.binding::Watcher/mx.binding:Watcher::wrapUpdate()
> > at mx.binding::PropertyWatcher/eventHandler()
> > at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
> > at
> >
> mx.rpc::AbstractInvoker/http://www.adobe.com/2006/flex/mx/internal::r
> esu\
> > ltHandler()
> > at mx.rpc::Responder/result()
> > at mx.rpc::AsyncRequest/acknowledge()
> > at
> > ::NetConnectionMessageResponder/NetConnectionChannel.as$42:NetConne
> ction\
> > MessageResponder::resultHandler()
> > at mx.messaging::MessageResponder/result()
> >

> > Here is the CFC:
> >
> > <cfcomponent>
> >

> > <cffunction name="getArtists" access="remote" returntype="query">
> >
> > <cfset var artists = '' />
> >
> > <cfquery name="Artists" datasource="cfcodeexplorer">
> >
> > SELECT firstname, lastname
> >
> > FROM ARTISTS
> >
> > </cfquery>
> >
> > <cfreturn Artists />

> [...]