From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Lance Linder
Sent: Friday, June 16, 2006 12:48 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Please Help With MXMLC Compile Error

I posted this a few days ago with no response. I am still hoping that I can resolve this or at least feel comfortable in believing that the error might go away with the next release of Flex.

I might feel this error is my fault but what I can’t get around is the fact that it compiles fine from FlexBuilder but not MXMLC compiler. I thought FlexBuilder uses MXMLC as its compiler?

I have tried reproducing the problem with smaller applications but it works just fine. The error only comes up on a much larger application I am working on.

Here is the entire error:

[exec] Starting 'mxmlc.exe ( -load-config tt3-flex-config.xml TimeTracking3.mxml)' in 'flex'

[exec] Loading configuration file tt3-flex-config.xml, root element flex-config

[exec] Initial setup: 296ms

[exec] Loaded 9 SWCs: 936ms

[exec] Compiling...

[exec] Files: 630 Time: 7454ms

[exec] Error: Compilation unit had no type info and after parsing has no syntax tree

[exec]

[exec] java.lang.AssertionError: Compilation unit had no type info and after parsing has no syntax tree

[exec]  at flex2.compiler.as3.binding.TypeAnalyzer.analyzeClass(TypeAnalyzer.java:175)

[exec]  at flex2.compiler.as3.binding.TypeAnalyzer.analyzeBaseClass(TypeAnalyzer.java:120)

[exec]  at flex2.compiler.as3.binding.TypeAnalyzer.evaluate(TypeAnalyzer.java:392)

[exec]  at macromedia.asc.parser.ClassDefinitionNode.evaluate(ClassDefinitionNode.java:86)

[exec]  at flash.swf.tools.as3.EvaluatorAdapter.evaluate(EvaluatorAdapter.java:330)

[exec]  at macromedia.asc.parser.StatementListNode.evaluate(StatementListNode.java:36)

[exec]  at flash.swf.tools.as3.EvaluatorAdapter.evaluate(EvaluatorAdapter.java:910)

[exec]  at macromedia.asc.parser.ProgramNode.evaluate(ProgramNode.java:63)

[exec]  at flex2.compiler.as3.genext.GenerativeExtension.parse(GenerativeExtension.java:55)

[exec]  at flex2.compiler.as3.Compiler.parse(Compiler.java:313)

[exec]  at flex2.compiler.mxml.ImplementationCompiler.parse(ImplementationCompiler.java:148)

[exec]  at flex2.compiler.mxml.Compiler.parse(Compiler.java:89)

[exec]  at flex2.compiler.API.parse(API.java:1631)

[exec]  at flex2.compiler.API.parse(API.java:1592)

[exec]  at flex2.compiler.API.batch2(API.java:285)

[exec]  at flex2.compiler.API.batch(API.java:764)

[exec]  at flex2.compiler.API.compile(API.java:889)

[exec]  at flex2.compiler.API.compile(API.java:796)

[exec]  at flex2.tools.Compiler.main(Compiler.java:194)

[exec] Total time: 8686ms

[exec] Peak memory usage: 72 MB (Heap: 49, Non-Heap: 23)

I can only hope that this will be resolved in the next release!

Lance