That did the trick, nearly. My header text, that used to span
two "rows", now only has the first "row" displayed and omits the
remainder of the header. I have headerWordWrap set to true, but
there must be something else I have to do. any help?

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Hoff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> DJ,
>
> I included a hack for this in the following example.  Since the
column's
> headeRenderer is a dataGridItemRenderer (TextField), it has a
toolTip
> property.  The headerText is set before the itemRenderer is
created, so
> you can compare to data.text to identify the column.
>
> http://www.cflex.net/showfiledetails.cfm?
ChannelID=1&Object=File&objectI\

http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM