From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Tim Hoff
Sent: Wednesday, June 21, 2006 10:03 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Junk E-Mail - LOW] [flexcoders] Re: Noob binding question

Hi Shannon,

Here's a couple things that might get you moving forward.

First, add a fault handler to your RPC, to see if the CFC result is getting through:

fault="Alert.show(event.fault.faultstring, 'Error');"

And, some subtle changes to your functions:

private function appInit():void
{
                cfcServer.getServerInfo.send();
                cfcServer.getServerLoad.send();
}

function
serverInfoResult(event:ResultEvent):void
{
                var serverInfoDataArray : Array = mx.utils.ArrayUtil.toArray(event.result);
                serverInfoData = new ArrayCollection(serverInfoDataArray);
}

Finally, check to see if the fields that you are binding to the DataGrid columns are syntactically the same as the CFC query.  Someone earlier suggested using all CAPS for the field names.  But, I was under the impression that they were case-sensitive.

Besides that, It looks like it should work.  Good luck.
-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Shannon Hicks" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I've racked my brain, and searched all the documentation I could find, but
> seem to be having a problem binding results from a CFC query to flex
> objects...
>
> I know I'm doing the chart all wrong, but I tried binding to a datagrid, and
> I don't see what's wrong there. I can confirm that the CF server is getting
> the request, and is sending back the proper number of rows.
>
> Here's the app I've been toying with:
>
> HYPERLINK
> "http://flex.work.iotashan.com/hlstatsx/hlstatsx.html"http://flex.work.iotas
> han.com/hlstatsx/hlstatsx.html