I have this custom component that at the moment just repeats the passed in
value.  It works if I pass in a string, but if I pass the date I actually want
it does not work.  I can not figure out why.

dayFormat2 custom component.
<mx:Script>
  <![CDATA[
    //Define public variables
    public var dayData:String;
  ]]>
</mx:Script>

<mx:DateFormatter id="dayNum" formatString="DD" />
<mx:Label text="{dayData}" />

-----------------------

This Works.
<ns1:dayFormat2 dayData="George" />

This does not work.
<ns1:dayFormat2 dayData="{DayNum.format(dayCells.currentItem.date)}" />

And neither does this.  Of course for this version I change the dayData type to
date in the custom component.
<ns1:dayFormat2 dayData="{dayCells.currentItem.date}" />

Just to make sure that the date exists as I expect.  If I replace the
dayFormat2 custom comment with a label, I get the dates just fine.
<mx:Label text="{DayNum.format(dayCells.currentItem.date)}" />

--------------
Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

---------
| 1 |   |
---------  Binary Soduko
|   |   |
---------

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning

Confidentiality Notice:  This message including any
attachments is for the sole use of the intended
information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and
delete any copies of this message.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM