Can you please log a bug or send me your test case offline (attach a zip, but rename the extension to .zp)?

The makeObjectsBindable attribute on WebService (or any of its Operation instances) control this behavior and is now true by default. You can set it to false to stop it from creating ArrayCollections for Arrays.

Pete

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Allen Riddle
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 5:51 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Serialization bug in release

I just came across an article (http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Flex_Enterprise_Services:resources:articles:rpc_services) saying that ArrayCollection is not serializable!!! In beta 3, web service calls returned type Array, and it worked fine. I don’t understand why they (Adobe) did that. Can anybody else confirm if this is true? So basically, you have an ArrayCollection that can have XML serialized to it, but it can’t deserialze, seems like a big bug.