I’m not sure we have that clarity internally yet.  In the past for other products I believe we’ve allowed you to switch your license from Windows to Mac or vice versa, but since our Mac version isn’t released yet (or announced or even fully developed) it’s hard to know where things will go.

It is certain the same code you’re installing now will not be the one you’d drop into your Mac to get working.

Our marketing folks (who determine pricing) may have more answers in a few months.

Matt

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Wayne McFetridge
Sent: Wednesday, June 28, 2006 12:19 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Flex Builder 2 - Intel Mac etc

As the purchase of Flex Builder 2 is almost upon me I need some clarity
on where/what may happen in regards to Intel Macs.

I'm hoping to make the switch sometime soon( end of 2006) and wondered
what the ramifications are regarding the
chances of getting my "Windows" version (the one I willl need ASAP)
running on a Mac (Not under Bootcamp or similar but in the Mac OS
proper) and or
some kind of upgrade path to the Universal version (if there is such a
thing)

Is this tied into Eclipse itself? I had assumed that a "plugin" for
Eclipse worked on whatever platform you wanted.

I had imagined (vainly) that maybe I could drop my Flex Builder 2 into
a Mac version of Eclipse and voila !
Isn't this what the dream of Java was/is.

Surley the makers of software being released in mid 2006 have some kind
of plan for this

Anyone?

Regards

Wayne McFetridge