I've got the same issues. I've got a file at c:\DELETE_ME which was originall one of the beta flash plugins, but although I can rename it, I can never delete it, even after reboots. I suspect XP is being clever and realising I'm moving it!

I've got other stuff to do now, so no Flex for a while, but if I can't find a solution soon, it's going to have to be a reinstall, and that really annoys me! :-((((

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Jason Hawryluk
Sent: 29 June 2006 11:36
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Re: Flash player is not a debugger?

I'm also still having the same problem 1.5 day's getting frustrated here :)

I did however notice that the debug ocx is not getting registered and no matter what I do I can't get it registered properly. I had a look on a machine where it worked and it has all the necessary registry key's. After installing Flex builder final. on my machine (and it seems I’m not alone) There is no keys for the inproc/guid/classid's etc in the registry. I'm now convinced we have entered dll/com Hell.

I tried copying the keys and importing to my machine but had no effect.

The only thing I did different between the 2 machines was launch Player_B3_Uninstaller_05-08.exe on the working machine before flex final. I failed to do this on my dev machine for reasons of pure excitement.

After trying about 15 different combinations, I’m now going to try to reinstall flex beta 3 then uninstall and use the above exe, then reinstall flex final. Short of that I’m looking at a format c:\ :(

So I have completely cleaned my registry of all flash related ocx keys. Unistalled everything flex.

I’ll try the beta 3, attempt to debug, uninstall, install final.

Back in a bit :) Still can't belive this is happening :(

Jason