I can't seem to get a pop-up window to zoom in consistently. Using the code below, the window zooms in nicely but its children never grow to full-size. The argument passed to the function below an MXML component that uses a TitleWindow as its base. The TitleWindow has a VBox containing a Tree and a couple of Buttons. The window zooms to full size, but the Tree gets to about 2/3 of its full size, and the labels in the buttons do not display properly until you mouse over the buttons. Other methods I've tried either don't work at all, or work inconsistently. Is there an error in my code? Is there some property or method of the Zoom effect that I'm missing? Or is there a known issue with Zoom and PopUpManager used together?

private function customZoom(o:Object):void {

var a:Fade = new Fade(o);
a.alphaFrom = 0.0;
a.alphaTo = 1.0;
a.duration = 500;