Easy enough.  height="{panel1.height-control1.height-control2.height}".  I have a simple sample for states, with a transition here:

http://www.cflex.net/showfiledetails.cfm?ChannelID=1&Object=File&objectID=422

It's based on Cairngorm, but maybe it will give you some ideas.  If you ceate a model class, you can easily control state behavior with binding.  The help docs have some good examples as well.

Glad to help,
Tim

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Skinner" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yeah Tim, that worked. height="{panel1.height - 160}" Now the really cool trick would be have the 160 be based on the height of the two controls above the grid. But for now, this is great.
>

> Now I am off to the biggest chalenge to date. Creating some behavious, states and maybe a transition. Not sure where to even start.
>

> --------------
> Ian Skinner
> Web Programmer
> BloodSource
> www.BloodSource.org
> Sacramento, CA
>
> ---------
> | 1 | |
> --------- Binary Soduko
> | | |
> ---------
>
> "C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
> - Cynthia Dunning
>

> Confidentiality Notice: This message including any
> attachments is for the sole use of the intended
> recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged
> information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
> distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
> intended recipient, please contact the sender and
> delete any copies of this message.
>

> Hi Ian,
>
> The first example was almost correct. This will work:
>
> <mx:DataGrid height="{parentPanel.height-50}"/>
>
> Change "parentPanel" to the id of your panel.
>
> -TH
>
> --- In [EMAIL PROTECTED] <mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com> ups.com, "Ian Skinner" ian.skinner@
> wrote:
> >
> > IĆ¢EUR(tm)m not having much luck with this. If I put it like you
> suggest I get an error about not allowing strings here.
> >
> > "{parentPanel.measuredHeight}-50"
> >

> > If I move the bracket, the error is not thrown, but my grid does
> not show up.
> >
> > "{parentPanel.measuredHeight-50}"
> >

> > Ian,
> >
> > The code should have been:
> >
> > <mx:DataGrid height="{parentPanel.measuredHeight}-50"/>
> >
> > -TH
> >

> > --------------
> > Ian Skinner
> > Web Programmer
> > BloodSource
> > www.BloodSource.org
> > Sacramento, CA
> >
> > ---------
> > | 1 | |
> > --------- Binary Soduko
> > | | |
> > ---------
> >
> > "C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
> > - Cynthia Dunning
> >

> > Confidentiality Notice: This message including any
> > attachments is for the sole use of the intended
> > recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged
> > information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
> > distribution is prohibited. If you are not the
> > intended recipient, please contact the sender and
> > delete any copies of this message.
> >

> > Ian,
> >
> > The code should have been:

> [...]