Yes, I agree.  If you look at the post that I sent to Ralf, you'll
see that there is a lot of AS in the ViewHelper.  I started with a
script tag inside the view and moved it to a ViewHelper for
readability.  That way if I needed to change the way the view
looked, I would edit the view.  If I wanted to change the
functionality, I would edit the ViewHelper.  I don't know, it seems
like apples and oranges.  I'm just interested in different opinions
here.  I appreciate your feedback.

-TH

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Dimitrios Gianninas"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey Tim,
>
> You wrote "like setFocus(), filtering a DataGrid, updating a
> search parameter VO with view component values prior to executing a
> search command" ....
>
> Those kinds of things I do in an AS script block for the
particuliar component. Like Jesse mentioned, I too used to created
ViewHelpers that used to just have all the code related to a
particuliar view, when in fact I should have simply put everything
in a script block and it would have done exactly the same thing.

> The other thing to remember in Flex development is that you are
creating components (most of which are views), so make sure you
creating the smallest possible component so you, so the code in the
script block isn't actually that much. Plus it makes the component
reusable and easy to maintain.

> Hope that helps,
>
> Dimitrios
> Optimal Payments Inc.

confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information, which
is solely for the use of the intended recipient.  No privilege or
other rights are waived by any unintended transmission or
unauthorized retransmission of this message.  If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, or if you have received it in
error, you should immediately stop reading this message and delete
it and all attachments from your system.  The reading, distribution,
copying or other use of this message or its attachments by
unintended recipients is unauthorized and may be unlawful.  If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender.

> AVIS IMPORTANT
> --------------
> Ce message électronique et ses pièces jointes peuvent contenir des
renseignements confidentiels, exclusifs ou légalement privilégiés
destinés au seul usage du destinataire visé.  L'expéditeur original
ne renonce à aucun privilège ou à aucun autre droit si le présent
message a été transmis involontairement ou s'il est retransmis sans
son autorisation.  Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire visé du
présent message ou si vous l'avez reçu par erreur, veuillez cesser
immédiatement de le lire et le supprimer, ainsi que toutes ses
pièces jointes, de votre système.  La lecture, la distribution, la
copie ou tout autre usage du présent message ou de ses pièces
jointes par des personnes autres que le destinataire visé ne sont
pas autorisés et pourraient être illégaux.  Si vous avez reçu ce
courrier électronique par erreur, veuillez en aviser l'expéditeur.

http://us.click.yahoo.com/SISQkA/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM