I am trying to use flashtype fonts, which involves embedding the font in a swf and then importing the font from a swf into flex. The problem is that flex seems to be rendering these fonts much less well than flash does.

As a test, I have text in the swf that I am embedding. The text looks fine when displayed in this swf. When I import the font and display it in my app, the font looks really muddy. It looks as if it is not using all that cool font rendering stuff that is in flash 8. The edges are extremely soft.

I am wondering if anyone has had any experience in getting crisp embedded fonts. By the way I have been playing with fontAntiAliasType, fontGridType, and fontSharpness with the idea that adjusting these might fix the problem, thought nothing has had any effect.

Hank