This is a known issue with the flex builder.  I was just at CFUnited, and the adobe folks knew that there was a problem with the plugin / builder if you are not using the built in server.  The workaround they gave me was to create a standard flex project then right click on the project and go to compiler properties, then add “-locale en_US -services "C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot\WEB-INF\flex\flex-enterprise-services.xml".  They told me this is the only difference between the default flex project and a coldfusion remoting project.

HTH,

Rich Kroll

Application Developer

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Nick Collins
Sent: Tuesday, July 04, 2006 2:27 PM
To: flexcoders
Subject: [flexcoders] Ok, now a problem with creating a new CF Remoting Project

Trying to create a new Flex Project using the Coldfusion Flash Remoting Service. First problem is it does not pull the server address from the RDS settings as I would expect. It keeps trying to access the CF standalone server on port 8500, which I do not use.

On my development machine I have CF installed connected to IIS. So I uncheck the use local coldfusion server, since it's not actually accessing my local coldfusion server correctly, and changed the root URL to just be " http://localhost/" as should be correct. However, it won't validate the location of "C:\CFusionMX7\wwwroot", which is where I have coldfusion installed and where the WEB-INF/flex folder resides. However, it tells me it's an invalid server root and won't let me procede.

When I use the Coldfusion CRUD Application Wizard things work flawlessly so I know all is good with my server configuration. Anyone know what might be the cause of the issue? Thanks!

Nick