gotcha - just wondered if the process of loading it in at compile time may have been the achilles heel...

On 7/6/06, Jonathan Bezuidenhout < [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Loading a XML file via <mx:XML... source=""> is pretty much the same as having it inline - it is converted into an AS structure at compile time and that is where things go wrong.

It is easy to show that it fails.

<mx:XML id="test">
    <root>
        <test1 desc="this little piggy does work &amp;" />
        <test2 desc="this little piggy does NOT work &lt;li&gt; for a list item at runtime" />
        <test3 desc="this little piggy does NOT even compile &#13;" />
    </root>
</mx:XML>

It works fine with loading the XML via HTTPService using the exact same XML - so I think it is a bug with the XML being converted at compile time.  I think I remember there was a similar bug at the begining of time - like version 1.0 or something very very long ago.

J.