The only commons-logging jars came from deploying flex and samples.  I searched from the root of JRun and found four copies in the following locations:

c:\JRun4\servers\default\flex\WEB-INF\lib
c:\JRun4\servers\default\flex\WEB-INF\flex\jars
c:\JRun4\servers\default\samples\WEB-INF\lib
c:\JRun4\servers\default\samples\WEB-INF\flex\jars

I removed one of the copies from the samples app to get it to work.

I'm using a fresh install of JRun expressly for deploying Flex, so I haven't added or modified anything from the default installation.

-Tom