I think so, but I wouldn't recommend it as it will make your app seem slower.  Why not use the local variable and just set it to the variable in the model on creation?

Moishe Groger

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Douglas Knudsen
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2006 3:42 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] modellocator and double bindings

holy creations batman!  sounds like a good reason.  Now, would adding a creationPolicy="all" to the root application tag address this maybe?

DK

On 7/7/06, Moishe Groger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Binding seems to take even if local controls haven't been created yet.  So if you're double-binding is between a null control and an always-available model locator, the values in the model locator should be corrupted before the control is created.

On the other hand, if a local variable is used the double-binding doesn't acually start binding into the model until the local controls are created.

Moishe Groger