I haven’t played with plugin switcher, but the fix is for minor versions, not major versions.  We want to prevent 8.0.24 from becoming 8.0.23 for example.

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Andriy Panas
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2006 6:35 AM
To: Matt Chotin
Subject: Re[2]: [flexcoders] Re: Flash player is not a debugger?

Hello Matt,

> We have a security fix that doesn’t allow you to downgrade your
> player to a minor version.

Sorry for ongoing continuation of this story, may be I am not in sync,
but I wonder then how Plugin Switcher tool does its job (http://www.pluginswitcher.de/).

By the help of Plugin Switcher, I can easlily downgrade my Flash
player versions in all major browsers, Flash IDE and standalone
projector players too.

--
Best regards,
Andriy mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]net