I think there is a problem with repeaters and custom components.
Please consider the following code:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"; xmlns:local="*">
        <mx:Script>
                <![CDATA[
                        [Bindable]
                        private var dp:Array = [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9];
                ]]>
        </mx:Script>

        <mx:Repeater id="rp" dataProvider="{dp}">
                <local:VB>
                        <mx:Button height="49" width="50"
label="{String(rp.currentItem)}" />
                </local:VB>
        </mx:Repeater>

</mx:Application>

Where The VB is a custom component extending a VBox:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<VBox xmlns="lib.tx.*" xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
width="100" height="100">

</VBox>

But if you compile and run this code it fails with the error
"TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert
mx.controls::[EMAIL PROTECTED] to Array."

One interesting point is if you replace the {String(rp.currentItem)}
binding in the button with some static string it works:

<mx:Button height="49" width="50" label="tryit" />

So there's a problem with the repater. What do you think?

nOR