does anyone know the syntax to remove a particular node from an xml object
using e4x?

Working with a structure like this, I want to be able to remove one
node.  Is the only approach to get a handle on the subpart node and set its
children without the first subsection?  I'm thinking there must be an
easier way...

thoughts?

<report>
     <part name="node1" ...>