It seems you’re using the proxy service through FDS but relying on the DefaultHTTP destination (since a destination was not specified). Have you setup the allowed URL patterns in the corresponding /WEB-INF/flex/proxy-config.xml file for the DefaultHTTP destination? Have you looked at the channels that are configured for this destination? These id’s refer to channel-definitions in the top level services configuration file at /WEB-INF/flex/services-config.xml. Each channel-definition defines an endpoint url. This information is compiled into the SWF when you specify the –services=your_path_to_the_services_config_file command line argument for the MXML compiler. If the endpoint url contains a {context.root} token you need to also specify the –context-root=/yourcontextroot command line argument (or replace this token with the known context root of the deployed web application hosting the FDS message broker and thus the channel endpoint(s)). Finally, if you’re using the proxy you do not need to have a crossdomain.xml file on the server hosting your WSDL, however depending on where you’re hosting your SWF you may need a crossdomain.xml file to contact the proxy service (i.e. based on the channel endpoint URL). Have you considered all of this?

Pete

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of efeminella
Sent: Friday, July 14, 2006 11:35 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Loading WSDL using Flex 2.0 Data Services

Here is the mxml. I can not display the url to the wsdl however. Hope
this helps:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"
creationComplete="this.initBindingHandler()" layout="vertical"
backgroundColor="#000000" backgroundGradientColors="[#000000, #000000]">
<mx:Script>
<![CDATA[

import com.bindings.managers.BindingHandler;

[Bindable]
public var bindingHandler:BindingHandler;

public function initBindingHandler():void {
this.bindingHandler = new BindingHandler(this.wsdl);
this.bindingHandler.setUI(this.textRuleComboBox,
this.textRuleTextArea, this.bindingsDataGrid, this.xmlrpcTextArea,
this.selectedTextRuleLabel);
this.bindingHandler.loadDataProvider();
}
]]>
</mx:Script>

<mx:WebService id="wsdl" wsdl="http://?wsdl"
fault="e.show(event.fault.toString())" useProxy="true"
showBusyCursor="true" >

<mx:operation name="getTextRule"
result="this.bindingHandler.setSelectedTextRule(event.result.ruleText);" >
<mx:request>
<payload>{this.bindingHandler.selectedTextRuleUqName}</payload>
</mx:request>
</mx:operation>

</mx:WebService>