Hi Clint, I can't give a definitive answer. But back in the early early early days when for Flex 2 there was just going to be a CF-Flex Adapter, I tested to see if Flex 2 would work without any upgrades/patches - and for simple stuff it worked. Though no idea what issues you'll run into with the current version.

Your safest route may be to use cfc's as a webservice until your hosted solution upgrades.

Clint Tredway wrote:

I have a project that I need to move to a CF server (shared hosting) and the server is 7.01... can I use the old remoting gateway with Flex 2? If I can, do I use it like I did in Flex 1.5?