Thanks Derek.  I did read in the docs about declaring a namespace
variable - indeed if you look at the code I posted, you will see I
did exactly that with a variable named csw.  I also tried
referencing the namespace in different ways - using the variable,
using wildcards etc.  I still got nothing to work.

Could you take another look at my code and try to put in context how
I would declare and use that namespace variable?  Like I said, I am
a complete newbie to Flex, and this really is my first ever project
and I've had no training.  So I'm not sure the namespace variable
I've used is in scope when I'm trying to parse the result document,
I'm not sure on how to mix MXML and ActionScript (so just giving me
an extract of ActionScript code without showing me how to include it
in my MXML doesn't really help too much).  I do appreciate all the

Excerpt where I declare the namespace var;
<mx:Script>
<![CDATA[
import mx.controls.Alert;
private namespace csw
= "http://kevin.company.com/services/webservices/adobe/blogSvc/blogPo
rt";
use namespace csw;
]]>
</mx:Script>

Excerpt where I try to parse out using the namespace (none of these
work);
<mx:columns>
    <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Top Posts"
dataField="*::getMostPopularPostsResponse.*::ColumnList.*::row.*::ite
m"/>
    <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Clicks"
dataField="getMostPopularPostsResponse.ColumnList.row.item"
width="75"/>
    <mx:DataGridColumn headerText="Blah"
dataField="csw::getMostPopularPostsResponse.csw::ColumnList.csw::row.
csw::item" width="75"/>
</mx:columns>

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Derek Adams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I have been successful in doing that by declaring the namespace as
> local variable in ActionScript, then using it in the e4x query.
For

http://us.click.yahoo.com/XISQkA/lOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM