From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com on behalf of dcooper2025
Sent: Wed 19-Jul-06 6:38 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Flex and CF

People seem to think they need to jam FDS into the CF instance to
get them to work together for some reason, likely because that's the
main config setup with CF + Flex 1.5, but that's not necessary at
all any longer with Flex 2 FDS.

With Flex 2 and FDS, you absolutely do not need FDS installed into
the CF app instance for things to work.  We designed them to live
together on the same machine or seperately on different
machines/instances, but we didn't spend much time on the case where
people would try to get FDS inserted into the CF instance itself.  I
suppose there are valid arguments for wanting to do this, but with
the RMI interface between the two now with Flex 2, and the existing
Flex 1.5 bits already living in the CF7 instance for CF7 Flash
Forms, etc (and the potential for conflict between Flex 1.5 and Flex
2 bits in package names, etc, etc), we thought it best to recommend
the use case where CF and Flex 2 FDS are not living in the same
webapp instance.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Damon

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Damon,
>
> When you say, "They live nicely side-by-side," how is Coldfusion
> loaded? Built-in Web Server, Multiserver (JRUN4), Using IIS or
Apache?
> Do they work side-by-side if CF is loaded with JRUN and FDS is
loaded
> with JRUN too, on the same machine?
>
> Coldfusion developers everywhere are having issues getting FDS
Express
> to work with CF. Sure we can update CF to 7.0.2. We can even
install
> FDS. That's easy. But logic identifies one similarity between CF
and
> FDS...ah, they both use JRun. So logic says, they should be able to
> use the same JRun installation; have one single JRun folder. Is
that
> not the case? (I've seen the technote that has us combining web.xml
> files, coping over other files to the lib folder, etc...but that
> technote is bogus.)
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jim Pickering
> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "dcooper2025" <dcooper@> wrote:
> >
> > Specifically, you can just install Flex Enterprise Services on a
> > J2EE server on the same machine as CF, configure everything and
> > you're good to go.  They live very nicely side-by-side.
> >
> > FYI, we've made the CF 7.0.2 doc for CF/Flex 2 integration
available
> > online where you can quickly reference it as needed"
> >
> > http://www.adobe.com/go/cfmx702docs
> >
> > and the ColdFusion 7.0.2 install instructions are here:
> >
> > http://www.adobe.com/go/flex2_cf_installation
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Damon
> >
> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Holmes" <bholme@>
wrote:

> > > Hi everyone,
> > >  Can anyone point me in the right direction of getting CF and
FDS

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM