We have the boxed version of FlexBuilder 2 on back-order; Adobe tells
us they're out of stock. Adobe's website won't take our corporate
credit cards, so we can't order the download version.

Meanwhile, I've completed an entire app in Flex Builder 2 Beta 3. It
works beautifully in the Beta debug player (9.0.0.296). However, it
fails utterly when run in the production version of the player
(9.0.16.0).

The major problems involve HTTPService requests. Some of them work
fine, but most fail. Of those that fail, some return HTTP errors, but
others just fail.

Other problems include outlines around images that should not have
outlines, and various items being drawn in the wrong place.

In short, it's a complete mess. The difference between running the app
in the Beta player vs. the production player is night and day. It is
truly incredible.

If anyone at Adobe wants to see what I mean, I'd be glad to show them.
I don't think I could get clearance to post the app on a public web
server, but I would be glad to work with them to find a way to show
them what's happening.

If anyone has any suggestions at all, please let me know what they are.

Jim

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TISQkA/hOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM