besides Ben's suggestion, you can also use remoteobjects to map a configBean.  This way you have one config file for server/client.

DK

On 7/20/06, ben.clinkinbeard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
import flash.events.Event;
import flash.net.*;

public function execute():void
{
        var XML_URL:String = "../config/config.xml";
        var myXMLURL:URLRequest = new URLRequest(XML_URL);
        appLoader = new URLLoader(myXMLURL);
        appLoader.addEventListener("complete", configLoaded);
}

private function configLoaded(event:Event):void
{
        appConfigData = new XML(appLoader.data );
}

HTH,
Ben

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Ben Agre" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm looking for a way to load a configuration file in flex that is in
> the folder on runtime.   It can be any type of text file I just want to
> load it then declare a variable from the item that is loaded.    A
> simple question I thought but I still can't find the answer.  Any help
> is greatly appreciated. [:-/]

http://us.click.yahoo.com/2pRQfA/bOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM

Douglas Knudsen
http://www.cubicleman.com
this is my signature, like it? __._,_.___