From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of ryan harlin
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 8:17 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] FDS sporadically works, but why?

Okay...  I figured out my problem and it was pretty
silly.  It worked when I tested on the internal IP
address and didn't work through the external IP
address.  So I forwarded every port on my firewall
(not the smartest) to my PC serving flex FDS.  Now it
works.  But I don't want to leave my computer open
like this.  What port specifically is Flex FDS using?
It's not just 8700.  The data management service must
have it's own port because 8700 was forwarding back
when it wasn't working.  So it's something else
between 408 and 8699.

Anyone know the exact port numbers I need to direct to
my server?

Thanks for the help!

--- Dustin Mercer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://us.click.yahoo.com/TktRrD/gOaOAA/yQLSAA/nhFolB/TM