From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]ups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Karl Johnson
Sent: Wednesday, July 26, 2006 8:18 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]ups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] testing of Flex apps

Here is a well written article from adobe on the testing of a flash based application: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/blueprint/articles/qa_petmarket.html

Unless something has come out recently, I don't know of any automated testing tools that directly support flash apps (flex). You can use some of the apps like homer that basically just record exact screen location where you click and type, and then playback using the same coordinates. This is not the most reliable way of testing, but it can for some.

Has anyone tried writing an automated testing framework for flex? One that would run as a flex app, and load the target app to be tested inside of its self? Then it could communicate with it and "click" and "type". I have done several automated testing frameworks like this for web applications (since I was never a fan of record and playback or buying software to do it), but I haven't tried it on flash/flex. I am almost positive you could do it though. I might have to give it a try one of these days :)

Karl

Cynergy Systems, Inc.