Even stranger, it seems to add it to all of the direct child nodes of
the actual request node. Another example:

<PseSearch xmlns="http://site.com/BackOffice/PseSearch";>
        <ns0:clientNm xmlns:ns0="http://site.com/BackOffice/PseSearch"/>
        <ns0:planNm
xmlns:ns0="http://site.com/BackOffice/PseSearch";>78167</ns0:planNm>