Thanks - i will try this and get back to you.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "zosoo7" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Here are snippets from my Flex code, and my Acegi configuration. If
> you notice, what we did, was set up Acegi, so it's successful and
> unsucessful authentication url's point to XML documents that
contains
> the result of the login.
>
> Point your http service to the acegi entry point
> <mx:HTTPService
>         id="loginService"
>         url="{InsightConfigurator.rootUrl}/loginCheck"
>         showBusyCursor="true"
>         result="loginServiceResultHandler()">
>         <mx:request>
>             <j_username>{userName.text}</j_username>
>             <j_password>{password.text}</j_password>
>          </mx:request>
>     </mx:HTTPService>
>
> //check the result of xml that acegi returns
> private function loginServiceResultHandler() : void
> {
>   if(loginService.lastResult.status == "LOGGEDIN")
>   {
>      //user logged in
>   }
>   else
>   {
>      // failed to log in
>   }
> }
>

> Here is my Acegi file (a couple modifications):
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
> <!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN//EN"
> "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans.dtd";>
>
> <beans>
>
>       <bean id="filterChainProxy"
>               class="org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy">
>               <property name="filterInvocationDefinitionSource">
>                       <value>
>                               CONVERT_URL_TO_LOWERCASE_BEFORE_COMPARISON
>                               PATTERN_TYPE_APACHE_ANT
>
> /
**=httpSessionContextIntegrationFilter,authenticationProcessingFilter,exceptionTranslationFilter,filterSecurityInterceptor
>                       </value>
>               </property>
>       </bean>
>
>       <bean id="sunbridgeAcegiDAO"

class="com.sunbridgecapital.security.acegi.SunbridgeAcegiDAOImp">
>               <property name="userDAO">
>                       <ref bean="userDAO"/>
>               </property>
>       </bean>
>
>       <bean id="daoAuthenticationProvider"

class="org.acegisecurity.providers.dao.DaoAuthenticationProvider">
>               <property name="userDetailsService">
>                       <ref local="sunbridgeAcegiDAO" />
>               </property>
>       </bean>
>
>       <bean id="authenticationManager"
>               class="org.acegisecurity.providers.ProviderManager">
>               <property name="providers">
>                       <list>
>                               <ref bean="daoAuthenticationProvider" />
>                       </list>
>               </property>
>       </bean>
>
>       <bean id="authenticationProcessingFilter"

class="org.acegisecurity.ui.webapp.AuthenticationProcessingFilter">
>               <property name="authenticationManager">
>                       <ref bean="authenticationManager" />
>               </property>
>               <property name="authenticationFailureUrl">
>                       <value>/UnSecure/xml/
UnSuccessfulLoginResponse.xml</value>
>               </property>
>               <property name="defaultTargetUrl">
>                       <value>/Secure/xml/SuccessfulLoginResponse.xml</
value>
>               </property>
>               <property name="filterProcessesUrl">
>                       <value>/loginCheck</value>
>               </property>
>       </bean>
>
>       <bean id="filterSecurityInterceptor"

class="org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor">
>               <property name="authenticationManager">
>                       <ref bean="authenticationManager" />
>               </property>
>               <property name="accessDecisionManager">
>                       <ref bean="accessDecisionManager" />
>               </property>
>               <property name="objectDefinitionSource">
>                       <value>
>                               CONVERT_URL_TO_LOWERCASE_BEFORE_COMPARISON
>                               PATTERN_TYPE_APACHE_ANT
>                               /secure/**=ROLE_USER
>                       </value>
>               </property>
>       </bean>
>
>     <bean id="exceptionTranslationFilter"
> class="org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter">
>       <property name="authenticationEntryPoint"><ref
> local="authenticationProcessingFilterEntryPoint"/></property>
>    </bean>
>
>    <bean id="authenticationProcessingFilterEntryPoint"

class="org.acegisecurity.ui.webapp.AuthenticationProcessingFilterEntryPoint">
property>
>    </bean>
>
>       <bean id="accessDecisionManager"
> class="org.acegisecurity.vote.AffirmativeBased">
>       <property
>       <property name="decisionVoters">
>          <list>
>             <ref bean="roleVoter"/>
>          </list>
>       </property>
>    </bean>
>
>    <bean id="roleVoter" class="org.acegisecurity.vote.RoleVoter"/>
>
>       <bean id="httpSessionContextIntegrationFilter"

class="org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter"
 />

> </beans>
>

> --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "flxcoder" <flxcoder@> wrote:
> >
> > I am sorry but can you go to the 101 level with this one, I am
not
> > very up to speed with acegi, just to the point of getting it
working.

> > Ok, in my previous jsp based project we did this
> >
> > <bean id="authenticationProcessingFilter"

class="org.acegisecurity.ui.webapp.AuthenticationProcessingFilter">
> >       <property name="authenticationManager"><ref
> > bean="authenticationManager"/></property>
> >       <property name="authenticationFailureUrl"><value>/
> > acegilogin.jsp?login_error=1</value></property>
property>
> >       <property name="filterProcessesUrl"><value>/
> > j_acegi_security_check</value></property>
> >    </bean>
> >
> >    <bean id="authenticationProcessingFilterEntryPoint"

class="org.acegisecurity.ui.webapp.AuthenticationProcessingFilterEntryPoint">
> >       <property name="loginFormUrl"><value>/acegilogin.jsp</
value></
> > property>
> >    </bean>
> >
> > where /*.htm was to have the ROLE_USER. now its the same with
flex, I
> > use the same format httpservice urls, so the authentication/
> > authorization roles are similar, if the authentication object is
not
> > created, make sure the person logs in.
> >
> > in the xml fragment above, say i have my main app at mainapp.htm
> > which holds the mainapp.swf, so is this what i am to do

property>

> > and in the
> > <property name="authenticationFailureUrl"><value>/mainapp.htm</
> > value></property>
> >
> > is this something similar to what you have done. could you
possibly
> > paste your xml config-security.xml fragments.
> >
> > sorry for the long-winded email, but since you have already done
> > this, it will save me time and avoid going to the
springframework
> > forums.
> >
> > Thanks .
> >

> > --- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Allen Riddle" <ariddle@>
wrote:

> > > We are using that exact combination. Nothing special had to be
> > done. We
> > > just have Flex use an HttpService to log in (point's to your
Acegi
> > > authentication endpoint), and Flex then uses the cookie that's
> > returned.
> > > After that, all SOAP calls are secured by Acegi. If you're
wanting
> > > use Acegi to try to secure you're actual SWF files, then you'd
just
> > need
> > > to put the url pattern of the .swf in the Aecegi
configuration, so