or better still. instead making copy as i suggested.
when you doing your (for var i++) loop, create the new collection at
that point

eg
var myNewCollection:Array = new Array();
for(var i:int=0;i<yourCollection.length;i++)
{
  if(yourCollection[i] == i want this row)
  {
     myNewCollection.push(a copy/new yourCollection[i]);

yourDataGrid.dataProvider = myNewCollection;

this is all untested. but should give you an idea

regards
bod