focusOut is an inherited event. If you expand the list of inherited events, you will see it.

Stephen

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of ryan harlin
Sent: Friday, July 28, 2006 11:33 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] textInput autocommit?

wow. I feel really silly. The language reference for
the textInput control doesn't mention focusOut. It
only mentions 4 things under the events section:
change, dataChange, enter, and textInput.

But you're right. focusOut works like a charm.

*blush*

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flex/2/langref/flash/display/InteractiveObject.html#event:focusOut