For getting the column data tool tip you can use something like

         <mx:DataGrid id="dgGrid1"  dataProvider="{someDataProvider}" >
             <mx:columns>
                 <mx:Array>
                     <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="name"
headerText="Name"/>
                     <mx:DataGridColumn showDataTips="true"
editable="false" dataField="address" headerText="Address"/>
                     <mx:DataGridColumn dataField="company"
editable="false" headerText="Company"/>
                 </mx:Array>
             </mx:columns>
         </mx:DataGrid>

Note the second column will show the tool tip for the data. I would
however be eager to know how to get the tooltip for the header.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, Rick Root <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have an app with a datagrid that is causing me two issues:
>
> #1 - I'd like for the column headers to have "tool tips" that display
> the entire column header if the entire header is not already shown.
For