Jeff, hi

I am trying to retrieve item by its id. And I tried your suggestion
yesterday.

var ir:ItemReference = ds.getItem({id:userId});

Now, given the item reference (ir) how do I "connect" ir to the actual
variable (me)? When I tried me = User(ir.result); Flex started compaining.

Could you, please, give a code snippet?

Thanks a lot

--- Dmitry