hehe well, this is where different people will give you different answers...

I used to have an adapters package in the view package, but then i began to see these as being also of use outside the view
for example if I wanted/ needed to adapt an instance to send to the server, or just to have to morph it into something else, so I created
a separate adapters package that sits at the same level as view or model.

To me, something like this very much comes down to personal style, just ask yourself the questions:

does it make sense to me being where it is
will it make sense to others where the packge is.
do i find it annoying where it is (if yes, then it should probably  be refactored somewhere)