I have a problem that's slowly eating away my soul.  I've returned a
value object and populated a DataGrid.  Now, suppose I want to access
the value when the user clicks on the grid.  In terms of best
practices and assuming a public member of the value object is an
ArrayCollection called books, should I access the value through the
grid itself (i.e. myDataGrid.selectedItem.bookID) or from the model:

var myCollection:ArrayCollection = new ArrayCollection();
myCollection = model.books;
var myValue:String = myCollection.getItemAt(myDataGrid.selectedIndex).name;
lblBook.text = myValue;

In AS2 I would have used the grid's data property, but in
Flex2/Cairngorm my instinct is to avoid this.

Thanks in Advance,

Mike Britton