Instead of this:
<mx:Text id="txtHello" text="{kino.SayHello.result}" x="27" y="28"/>

try this:
<mx:Text id="txtHello" text="{kino.SayHello.lastResult }" x="27" y="28"/>

On 8/2/06, Kiran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hi,

I have never used Flash or Flex in my life before and am a .NET developer. Stumbled across Flexbuilder yesterday and was really impressed by the RUI features it offers so I decided to download a trial version and play with it.

This is what I did :

  •  Created a simple .NET Webservice with a method called 'SayHello' which returns a string message 'Hello World' (duh..very ingenious of me  :)  ) and does not take any parameters. The service resided on a virtual windows server machine(called 'misdevservices')
  • Created an mxml file called 'Lesson.mxml'. I am pasting the code below :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml" layout="absolute"

creationComplete="kino.SayHello.send()">

<mx:WebService id="kino"

wsdl="http://misdevservices/wsCommon/Options.asmx?wsdl"

useProxy="false">

<mx:operation name="SayHello"></mx:operation>

</mx:WebService>

<mx:Panel x="21" y="10" width="350" height="400" layout="absolute" title="Hello World Test">

<mx:Text id="txtHello" text="{kino.SayHello.result}" x="27" y="28"/>

</mx:Panel>

<mx:TraceTarget level="0">

</mx:TraceTarget>

</mx:Application>

When i try to run this , i dont get any result back. I have even placed a 'crossdomain.xml' file in the root folder of the virtual server where the webservice is, but still the same problem. I cannot do anything else if I dont get this sorted :( Been trying since yesterday but no luck! Would greatly appreciate if anyone could help me in this matter!!

Thanks in advance.

Kiran