One thing you could do is to just call getItem on the referenced DataService using the id of the referenced item.  This will cause the referenced item to be reloaded (its state updated).

It would also be possible to null out the member variable which stores the reference, without calling our Managed.setProperty method (as that would actually trigger a change to the server).  Off the top of my head though, if you are using the [Managed] keyword  the codegen we do to add the managed support would probably prevent that from being possible (all references to the member variable turn into the get/set methods we generate for that property which use the Managed.set/getProperty methods).  But this would be a possibility if you did the work of adding the managed support to the class yourself.

Jeff

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dmitry Miller
Sent: Tuesday, August 01, 2006 11:42 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] lazy evaluation - invalidating item/property on the client side

I am using lazy evaluation and I was wondering if there is a way to
mark some managed item properties as invalid. Meaning that even though
the some lazily evaluated item property has been already retrieved I
would like to mark this property as invalid on the Client so that when
referencing this property again would result in querying the server again

Thanks,

--- Dmitry