I tried downloading the app. It seems to work fine on any shared
object created with earlier versions of Flash, but I was unable to
get it to read any of my Shared Objectes created with Flex 2/Flash
9.  I know some of my SO's have data in them because I have the data
it's retrieving being traced to my console.  But like I said before,
it only gets data when executing locally, not via a URL.

Any other ideas??

Thanks!
Wayne

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Jason" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sephiroth, the author of the awsome AS2 editor SE|PY, wrote a free
> SharedObject viewer that I think will help out with your debugging.
>
> http://www.sephiroth.it/python/solreader.php
>
> SharedObjects are stored in this location when running from local
HD:
> C:\Documents and Settings\{USERNAME}\Application
Data\Macromedia\Flash
> Player\#SharedObjects\N42WKXA7\localhost
>
> SharedObjects are stored in this location when running from a Web
> server with a domain:
> C:\Documents and Settings\{USERNAME}\Application
Data\Macromedia\Flash
> Player\#SharedObjects\N42WKXA7\www.yourWebSite.com
>
> Also, be aware that unless you secify a domain location for the
> creation of the shared object then it will use the default
namespace
> of the domain the SWF is on.  There may be some new sandbox
> restrictions in Flex 2 that I do not know about that may be the
cause
> of your problem.
>
> You can specify the location of where the SharedObject is created
with
> the extra parameter:
> var mySO:SharedObject = SharedObject.getLocal("soName", "/");
>
> Also, you might want to check out this link:

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/flash/8/main/wwhelp/wwhimpl/common/htm
l/wwhelp.htm?context=LiveDocs_Parts&file=00002665.html