Hello,

I was trying to extend the gauge component example that was made
available via Peter Ent. I ran into a number of issues. I think most
of the issues are just my lack of understanding of how the styles work
for a component. I wanted to create 10 gauges at random locations, set
their properties and then move them to another location. The code
looks like:

       private function onAddTen(): void {
        var nIndex : int;
        for (nIndex = 0; nIndex < 10; nIndex ++) {
        myGauge = new Gauge();
        // This works
        myGauge.width = 75;
        myGauge.height = 75;
        // This works
        myGauge.x = getRandom(100, 1000);
        myGauge.y = getRandom(100, 1000);
        // This does not Work!, no Alphas are set
        myGauge.setStyle("coverAlpha", getRandom(40, 80));
        myGauge.setStyle("borderAlpha", getRandom(40, 80));
        myGauge.setStyle("needleAlpha", getRandom(40, 80));
        myGauge.setStyle("coverColor", 0xf7f083);
        myGauge.setStyle("backgroundAlpha", getRandom(40, 80)/100);
        myGauge.setStyle("backgroundColor", 0x6185ed);
        // The image substitution does not work
        var tmpImage:Image = new Image();
        tmpImage.load("/gauge/skins/graphic/BitmapFrame.png");
        myGauge.setStyle("frameskin", tmpImage);

        // This has no effect
        myGauge.alpha = 55;
        // Alpha comes back as NaN
        myGauge.toolTip = "I have a tooltip, my location is " +
myGauge.x + "," + myGauge.y + "\n my alpha is" +
myGauge.getStyle("backgroundAlpha")*100;
        this.addChild(myGauge);
        // This works
        playMove(myGauge, getRandom(100, 1000), getRandom(100, 1000));
        ]]>

My question is that many of the styles that I set do not get set. I've
walked through the code and looks like they are getting set but when
the tooltip is created, the values are not there and visually, the
alphas do not get set. Also the setting the skin to an image does not
work.  Any ideas on what I am doing incorrectly?

Thanks in advance,

Rich