Hi there,

I'm having this custom itemrender (which is an AS-class, not a MXML). When a user clicks on an item the view state should switch to 'selected'. The selectedstate adds an Text tag. But for some reason the text box does not show up. When I add an effect to the selected state, the effect shows up after clicking. So the state change works, but why is the text box not visible?

The code:
<albums:AlbumBrowser
id="albumBrowser"
width="600"
dataProvider="{Model.instance.album.aPhotoAlbumsOnPage}" >

<albums:itemRenderer>
<mx:Component id="albumRenderer">
<albums:AlbumRenderer
buttonMode="true"> (which is an AS-class that extends UIComponent and implements IDataRenderer)

<albums:states>
<mx:State name="selectedState">
<mx:AddChild>
<mx:Text text="This a test"/>