Thanks for your input guys. Helps a lot. I discovered something that
was not covered in this topic.

If you right-click project and choose properties you will see under
Flex Build Path and option for output folder. Since right now my
development is under Windows and for a couple of gui developers its
going to be the same, all you need to do is choose the output folder
to be under the WebRoot of your app server.

The way i have done it now.
FlexUI->output folder->c:\project\WebRoot\flex
Where project is my webapp project and so if i want to access my flex
pages i do
http://localhost:8080/project/flex/main.html.

This solution works in development. I agree that we should keep
FlexUI and Java backend separate during development, since data
sources can be WebServices too, no need to tie them unless there is a
specific need.

Later for deployment I will create an ant or maven build that will
create the war under cruise control or something.

Thanks again.

Dave.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Franck de
Bruijn" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Dave,
>

> I use Eclipse WTP with the Flex plugin.
>

> I develop my Flex application in a single Flex project.
>

> I then have a dummy Eclipse WTP Dynamic project, which is nothing
more than
> an empty shell. I have than an ant script copying over all the
binary files
> from the Flex project to the Dynamic project.
>

> After that I publish the dynamic web project to Tomcat.
>

> It's a little bit manual and sounds maybe tedious, but once you
get the hang
> of it and define some shortcuts, it goes pretty slick and quick.
You can