As Gordon said we don’t provide a technique for this right now.  Only metadata that we enabled will show up, I think it’s in the describeType output.  Please file an enhancement request at http://www.adobe.com/go/wish and it’s something we can investigate in the future.

Matt

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of maxym.hryniv
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 8:21 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Metadata in AS3

Hi all.
How can I receive class related metadata in AS3. F.ex i have class
with metadata.

[Event(name="enableChange", type=flash.events.Event)]
public class ModalText extends TextArea {

How can i receive that class has such metadata? For properties i can
use describeType, but i cannot find any class related metadata in
this description.

One more: how can I create my own metadata tags??? F.ex i want to use
[XMLSerializable(target="attribute")].
public var someProperty : SomeType;

Thanx in advance.