Uhh.... ignore this posting. I seem to have a habit of figuring it out a minute after a post a question. :)

Tariq Ahmed wrote:

So I have a legend:

<mx:Legend id="chartLegend" direction="horizontal" />

And depending on certain events, I programmtically manage the legend
items (new Legenditem(), chartLegend.addChild type deal). And that all
works fine. The only issue is that the direction is always vertical.
Doing a "chartLegend.direction='horizontal'" in AS doesn't make a
difference.

Any ideas?