The subject says it all - can a tree node, especially a leaf, have a
customItemRenderer?

What I'd like to do is have a tree for navigating an xml structure and then
populate leaves (say) by using a combobox or some other renderer ... if
anyone's ever used the Magnolia CMS ... you'll understand the paradigm that I'm
considering (even though Magnolia doesn't use ComboBoxes, per se).

Cheers
John