I think you're trying to do something I just did.

Add the following mxml lines to your component (just change the
values as necessary):

<mx:NumericStepper id="resultStepper" focusOut="updateSlider()"
value="100" change="updateSlider()"   maximum="1000" minimum="0"
stepSize="10" textAlign="left" x="168" y="18" height="25"/>
        <mx:HRule x="11" y="41" width="576" height="28"/>
        <mx:HSlider id="resultSlider" styleName="glassSlider"
minimum="0" maximum="1000" tickInterval="50" snapInterval="10"
width="150" thumbCount="1" value="{resultStepper.value}"
labels="[0,1000]" liveDragging="true" change="updateStepper();"
height="25" x="10" y="18"/>

Also add the following actionscript:

private function updateStepper():void
{