I second that

On 8/10/06, Pan Troglodytes <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Time and again, I have tried extending components only to find that the important stuff is marked private.  I suggest this approach for adobe: mark things as protected by default, not private.  Only mark something as private if you're really, really sure it should never be overridden by someone extending the class.

This has really thwarted some of my attempts to extend the base classes.  Makes the component SDK a bit less useful.

--
Jason